1. Shop for your engagement ring during the off-season. The best time to buy an engagement ring is during the off-season, which runs from December to February. This is when jewelers offer the deepest discounts.
2. Get a pre-owned ring. A pre-owned ring is a great way to get a high-quality ring at a fraction of the cost of a new one. You can find pre-owned rings at pawn shops, estate sales, and online retailers such as eBay and Craigslist.
3. Choose a less popular diamond shape. The most popular diamond shapes are round and princess cut. These shapes are also the most expensive. If you want to save money, choose a less popular shape such as oval, pear, or marquise.
4. Go for a lower carat weight. A diamond’s carat weight is how we measure its size, and bigger diamonds are more expensive than smaller ones. If you want to save money, choose a lower carat weight such as 0.5 or 0.75 carats.
5. Don’t get caught up in the 4 Cs. The 4 Cs (cut, color, clarity, and