1. The first remedy is to take a small amount of honey and apply it directly to the lips. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. This will help to soothe and heal the lips.
2. Another great remedy is to mix together equal parts of olive oil and sugar. Rub this mixture onto your lips in a circular motion for about five minutes, then rinse off with warm water. This will help to exfoliate the dead skin cells from your lips, leaving them looking and feeling softer.
3. For a more intensive treatment, you can make a lip scrub by mixing together 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Rub this scrub onto your lips for about five minutes, then rinse off with warm water. This scrub will not only exfoliate your lips but also leave them feeling incredibly soft and hydrated.
4. If you have particularly chapped or dry lips, you can try applying a thin layer of Vaseline before bedtime and letting it work its magic overnight. In the morning, simply wipe away any excess Vaseline with a tissue or cotton ball. Your lips should feel much softer and smoother.
5. Finally, one of the best things you can do for your chapped lips is to drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will help to keep your entire body hydrated, which in turn will help to prevent your lips from drying out and becoming chapped in the first place!