Most people love the look of a deep, dark tan. Unfortunately, getting that tan often comes with the price of harmful UV rays. These rays can cause skin damage, premature aging, and even skin cancer.
So, what’s a girl to do if she wants to enjoy the look of a tan without the harmful effects of the sun? The answer is simple: use a self-tanner.
Self-tanners are a great way to get the look of a tan without any of the harmful effects of the sun. But before you slather on that self-tanner, you need to prepare your skin carefully. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Exfoliate your skin. This will help to remove any dead skin cells that could prevent the self-tanner from evenly adhering to your skin.
2. Moisturize your skin. This will help to hydrate your skin and make it more receptive to the self-tanner.
3. Apply the self-tanner evenly. Be sure to use a circular motion and pay special attention to areas like your knees and elbows which tend to be drier.
4. Allow the self-tanner to dry completely before putting on clothing. This will help to prevent any staining.
5. Reapply as needed. Most self-tanners will last for several days, but you may need to reapply if you notice any areas that are starting to fade.
Now that you know how to properly apply a self-tanner, here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
1. Choose a quality self-tanner. Not all self-tanners are created equal. Some will give you a natural-looking tan while others will leave you looking orange and streaky. Do your research and read reviews to find a self-tanner that will work well for your skin type.
2. Start with a light application. It’s always better to start with a light application and build up the color gradually than to go too dark too fast.
3. Use a self-tanning mitt. This will help to ensure an even application and prevent any staining of your hands.
4. Be patient. Self-tanners can take a few hours to develop fully, so don’t be tempted to shower or swim immediately after applying one.
5. Avoid hot showers and baths. Hot water can cause self-tanners to fade prematurely, so it’s best to avoid them for at least 24 hours after applying your self-tanner.
By following these tips, you can get the perfect suntanned glow without any of the harmful effects of UV rays!