If you are still undecided about whether or not to take the plunge, these tips will definitely help you make a decision. Here are the best natural hair tips to take into 2023:
1. Keep your hair moisturized
This is probably the most important tip for natural hair. Moisture is key to keeping your hair healthy and strong. Invest in a good quality conditioner and deep conditioner, and use them regularly. Also, be sure to seal in the moisture with an oil or butter after every wash.
2. Protect your hair at night
Sleeping with your hair unprotected can lead to breakage and split ends. Be sure to wrap your hair in a silk scarf or wear a satin cap at night. This will help keep your hair moisturized and prevent it from breaking while you sleep.
3. Trim your ends regularly
Split ends can quickly turn into breakage if they are not taken care of. Be sure to trim your ends every 6-8 weeks to keep them healthy and prevent breakage.
4. Avoid heat styling
Heat styling can quickly damage your hair, so it’s best to avoid it if possible. If you must use heat, be sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand, and use the lowest setting possible.
5. Limit the amount of products you use
Using too many products can weigh down your hair and cause build-up, which can lead to breakage. Be selective about the products you use, and only use what is necessary for your hair type.
6. Don’t over-wash your hair Washing your hair too often can strip it of its natural oils, causing it to become dry and brittle. Aim to wash your hair 2-3 times per week, or every other day if necessary.
7. Experiment with different styles One of the best things about having natural hair is that there are endless possibilities when it comes to styles . Embrace your texture and experiment with different styles until you find one that works for you . n 8. Be patient Growing out natural hair takes time , so be patient . It may take several months (or even years) before you see significant growth , but it will be worth it in the end .